I believe everyone has something of value to contribute, if they're interested in having their voices heard, and I'd love to hear from you. I'm looking for a variety of material, from artist introductions, to comic plugs, to material and technique posts, to tutorials, to posts about inspirations. You don't have to be an artist to offer up some engaging material, but your post does need to be about art- specifically comic art.
This is a great opportunity to gain a tiny bit of web exposure and promote yourself. Posts will be tweeted in the evening, so at least once a day my Twitter account will alert my merry band of followers to fresh
There's a lot of opportunity for individuality, but I do have a few caveats.
1. If you use other's images, please credit the original. A big part of Keep on Truckin, Nattosoup is about artists receiving fair credit.
2. Please keep your language PG. A fair amount of kids read this blog, and I wouldn't want them to get grounded from the internet because of a post I published.
3. It's ok if you include nudes in your post, but please mark it Not Safe for Work. As always, there should be just cause for the inclusion- I.E. artistic nudes. While a post about working for Slipshine would be very interesting, I don't feel comfortable linking that sort of material here. I have no problem linking it via my Twitter account, however (fewer kids follow it, to my knowledge).
4. If you link away to a site that does include comic porn, please mark the link NSFW.
5. Don't give intentionally bad advice.
6. Please try to include lots of pictures and examples.
I need entries by Nov. 25th at the latest, and you can submit them either as a PSD or a Word file with pictures. Basically, as long as I can post em, the format is good. I reserve the right to deny admissions or request that the writer focus on a different subject, although the chances of this are fairly slim. The posts will be entered into Blogger's post database and post dated so that they'll appear while I'm away. If you would like to know in advance when your entry will be run, just ask me before I leave. I would like entries to be sent to my personal email address.