If you've always wanted to take a comics class, led by a professional comic artist with industry, anthology, and self-publishing experience, here's your chance at an amazing opportunity!
I'm leading a 6 week, six class workshop series with Nashville Community Ed this fall! This class will be held at the Cohn School, and it's only $60 for all six classes. Nashville Community Ed has kindly agreed to provide all the materials you'll need for the class.
What Students Can Expect:
A six week intensive comic workshop that will cover everything from planning and scripting your comic to drawing, inking, and assembling the finished minicomic or zine. I plan on teaching everything about the comic process from writing a synopsis to a beat sheet to the basics of constructive human anatomy and perspective to inking and laying out your mini comic. Students of all skill levels are welcome, and I hope to end the class with a zine and mini comic exchange.
More info about the class here.
Check out my six week, six class course outline here to get an idea of what we'll be covering!
Sign Up through the NCE Classes portal!
- Masters in Fine Art from SCAD: College of Creative Careers in Sequential Art, Bachelor's of Art in Digital Art
- Published in six comic anthologies (check out which ones here!)
- Work for hire for Viz Media, Lego, and more
- 29 workshops on comic craft, anatomy basics, watercolor, and alcohol markers led through various community services and conventions ranging from Nashville Public Library to the Alternative Press Expo (check out the list here!)
- Self-published, self-distributed comic, 7" Kara
- 10 years working on the Nattosoup Studio Art and Process Blog
- 4 years working on Youtube art education
- 4 years working on How to be a Con Artist
- Member of SCBWI- Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
- My Kidlit Art Portfolio
- My Webcomic
Want to prep for the class?
Intro to Comic Craft-- Blog -- Youtube
Nattosoup's Zine and Minicomic Resources
Nattosoup's Inking Resources
Drawing and Figure Drawing Resources
Not in Nashville? Can't take the course? Follow along through my Patreon!