Interested in collaborating? There's a lot of ways we can work together, and I'd love to explore them! Send me an email, and we can explore the possibilities together! I am most interested in collaborating with other art/craft bloggers and YouTubers, for the benefit of both parties. There's always room for improvement, so if there's an element you feel this blog is missing, please let me know, and I'll try to add it if feasible.
For more information about me, Becca Hillburn, please check out my Info tab. I am also a founder and contributor on the convention blog How to Be a Con Artist, which focuses on helping people prepare for selling their art and comics at conventions.
- Average of 1,600 pageviews per day, more if it's an update day
- Update on every third day, so updates at least twice a week
- Usually at least a 2 week buffer of pre-written posts at any given time
- 10,000 Approximate Users Per Month
- 19,000 Approximate Pageviews Per Month
- The Majority of my viewers are using Chrome, followed by Safari, then Firefox
- The Majority of my viewers access the site from a desktop, followed by a mobile device, then tablets
- 1,000+ Twitter followers, high Twitter engagement
- 1,245Tumblr followers
- 775 Instagram followers, currently undergoing an initiative to have more interaction with audience, constantly post photos of art and products
- Majority of my posts are a combination of photos and text
- Recently introduced Reviews and Tutorials to my YouTube channel, undergoing an initiative to increase channel growth and engagement
- When reviewing supplies, I prefer to explore them one at a time, and may revisit supplies when I've better learned how to use product
- Frequent video+blog integration
- Attend 6+ comic conventions per year, high level of engagement with customers, strong focus on sharing and promoting products I regularly use to help educate aspiring artists
If you are not a company but a reader interested in helping out, please contact my favorite companies on my behalf, and let them know how much you like my content! You can find contact links below, and please don't assume other readers will write in. I'm counting on each and every one of you for help. Contacting a company costs you nothing but time, and it shows companies that readers enjoy my content and take my recommendations seriously. All of the 'website' links are on site forms, so they're very easy to fill out. Sending them a link to a relevant review or tutorial, along with a few lines like why you enjoyed the link, or how the review convinced you to try the product, will really go a long way.
Jetpens: Website, Twitter (@Jetpens), Email
Kuretake (Zig): Website, Twitter, Instagram
DickBlick: Website, Twitter
Jerry's Artarama: Facebook, Twitter
Strathmore Artist Papers: Website, Twitter
Sakura: Website, Facebook
Copic (Too): Website, Twitter
Pentel: Website, Twitter
Tombow USA: Website, Twitter
Arrange Speaking Engagements
Depending on your location and the time of year, I am available for in-person speaking engagements or Skype/Google Hangouts speaking engagements. I'm qualified (MFA from SCAD: University of Creative Careers in Sequential Art) to speak on a number of illustration and comic-craft related topics, and you can even check out a few of my live performances on my Youtube channel. I have worked with kids K-undergrad, but my favorite kids to work with are preteens-20's.
Topics I can teach:
- Basic Constructive Anatomy for Comics
- Comic Craft/Comic Process
- Comic Craft Materials
- Introduction to Watercolor
- Watercolor for Comics
- Drawing Basics
- Preparing Your Portfolio
- Introduction to Inking
- Using Alcohol Based Markers (Copic, Prismacolor, ect)
- Convention prep
At library (young children 2-10)
At the present time, I am not interested in any additional comic or children's book illustration unless you are able to pay me half upfront. The exception to this are solicitations for short anthology entries- up to 8 pages of comic. For examples of my two current ongoing projects, 7" Kara and Gizmo Grandma, please check out these links:
7"Kara Volume 1 Materials
1001 Knights- Knight School
Chainmail Bikini- Pretty Paladin Critical Missy
One Time Commission
I can do all sorts of illustration, and have worked with a wide variety of customers! You can see more on my convention portfolio, or my Behance. While you can purchase commissions through my website, I prefer that you email me first for a customized quote.
Product Reviews and Sponsored Posts
If you're interested in sponsoring a post, or donating items for review, please keep a few things in mind.
- Please email me ahead of time to make sure the items you are sending are items I CAN review for this blog. A good way to check is to skim my Amazon, Jetpens, and DickBlick wishlists. If the item is on that list, I do not own it, and I would love to review it. I focus on art supplies (all ranges, from student to professional grades), certain crafting supplies, and stationary. I am also interested in reviewing merchandising companies for the purposes of making product for online shops and conventions.
- Although I promise to review your product, I make my living doing conventions, drawing comics, selling 7" Kara, and doing freelance. If you would like a review written by a certain date, let me know when pitching the review, and I will accommodate your request within reason.
- I only write honest reviews, regardless of what you have donated. If I don't like a product, I will say so. If I love a product, I will say so as well. My audience trusts me to be as honest as possible, and I will not break that trust.
- You can also sponsor a custom tutorial for your product, email me for a quote! The tutorial will be run on this blog, and you are welcome to run it anywhere else you see fit, so long as you give me credit. If you would prefer a video tutorial, that is possible as well.
- Sponsored reviews will be free of affiliate links, or links to sources other than your shop/company, unless you request otherwise. Should I decide to write follow up posts at a later date (on my own dime and time) outside links and affiliate links are at my discretion.
Guest Writing for Your Blog/Website
My sidebar features two adspaces- free bottom of the sidebar space for artists and writers, and paid top of sidebar space for artists, writers, shops, and companies.
If you are a comic artist, or art supply blogger who is interested in sidebar space, please send me an email with a link to your content, and submit a 220 pixel by 110 pixel ad (see my sidebar for examples). Free ads are towards the bottom of my sidebar and tend to remain stationary. Links must update regularly (at least once every two weeks) with content that is either comic focused (webcomics or comic craft), or geared towards helping others.
If you would like to purchase a 1 month ad at the top of my sidebar, please contact me for a quote. Paid top of sidebar ads are open to companies and shops as well.