Introducing Pan and His Amazing Materials

Pan is an amazing artist   who was kind enough to write up a beautiful materials post for me.    Pan's most-used materials are so different from what I usually reach for that I'm extremely pleased for this insider look into the pencil pouch of an artist.  I realize it breaks the formatting of my blog just a little bit, but I don't want to tweak it or resize it for fear of messing it up.  Thank you so much, Pan, for your generosity in sharing this!




I’d feel like a horrible jerk showcasing Pan’s pencil case without talking about him as an artist.  Pan’s one of those fortunate artists who are as modest as they are talented, and he’s often too quick to dismiss his own work.  I think his strong suit right now is backgrounds, and I’ve had the pleasure of flipping through his sketchbook on occasion, and always feel a mixture of jealousy and admiration for his background sketches.  His work reminds me of Katsuhiro Otomo, particularly the black placement and the backgrounds.  I get the feeling that SCAD is going to help him polish up his work, and he’ll really shine.
I'd love to link to his work, but unfortunately, his portfolio prevents me from hotlinking images, so you'll just have to check it out for yourselves.

Comments

  1. Interesting post. I'm especially interested in the pencil case. What brand is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like the Global Art Classic Leather Pencil Case. It has the top inside rivet in the same place, and the elastic openings appear to be capable of holding 2-3 pencils each. I saw it on the Blick arts site when I was looking for cases today.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see other artist's arsenal. I always find it so hard to choose only a select amount of tools to bring with me. Although nothing beats a simple pen or pencil. lol Funny thing is I don't even use most of the tools when I bring them with me. It's always that "What if I need it?" factor. XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment