Friday, January 13, 2012

Tip: Color Code Your Inking Pens

I really love most aspects of my Copic Multiliner SP tech pens.  I can replace the nibs, I can replace the ink cartridges, the felt nibs have just the right amount of give, the metal barrels are pretty tough.  The only thing I don't like about them is that since the sizes have worn off the cap, it's become a bit of a scavenger hunt to find the nib size I'm looking for.  It's not horribly inconvenient, but it does take precious inking time, and I've decided to remedy that by color coordinating my pens.  If I were super fancy, I'd have a different tape for each pen, but I am not super fancy, so I've had to combine color bands for applications.  I tend to use two pens at a time- say a .5 for the face and a .7 for the rest of the figure, so while I'll still have to fish around, it'll shorten that fishing time considerably.


Thanks for reading. Check out these products.