Momotaro Mini-Comic

I said on Twitter I'd post ONE page.  But it's a silent comic, and I feel like it should be read in one sitting, so I'm going to post all EIGHT pages in one night.  Yes, I'm sacrificing traffic, but it's all in service of a better reading experience.  I hope you enjoy.  Crits and comments much appreciated, there'll be a process post on this comic later in the week.









This retelling of Momotaro is set in post WWII Japan (Occupied Japan, really).  I had a lot of trouble finding reference- the home is based on information gathered while visiting the Tokyo-Edo Museum and their designs are based on tinted photography from 1935 to 1960.

Comments

  1. I've read this a few times, and I think what hits me the hardest each time is the wife's emotion. Her sadness resonates the most with me, and I think you convey her depression in such a way that, even wordlessly, the audience can feel and understand her pain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment