Inktober 2018- Rough Scans

This year, I decided to expand on last year's Lilliputian Living, 31 worldbuilding prompts for the world of 7" Kara.  Last year, I explored different Lilliputian professions, this year I explored different types of Lilliputian lifestyle and pets.

This year, I opted to expand my horizons a bit by doing 31 days of inkwash.  Since I knew I'd be doing a bit of traveling in October, I tried to prepare travel friendly inkwash materials. 

Inktober Prep:

For the full worldbuilding prompts, please check out my Instagram, or keep an eye out for my upcoming Inktober 2018 zine, Lilliputian Living Volume 2.

Types of Lilliputians:

House: 
 Villager:
 Towny:
 Mall:
 Traditionalist:
 Nomadic:

Mall Lilliputians:

Toy Store:

Pet Store:

Ice Cream Parlor:
 Pretzel Stand:

Craft Store:
 Stationery Store:
 Flower Shop:
 Candy Store:
 Hair Salon:

Families:

House:
 Towny:
 Mall:
 Traditionalist:
 Villager:

Pets:

Chipmunk:

Kitten:
 Squirrel:
 Toad:
 Gecko:
 Bees:
 Sparrow:

Seasons:

Autumn:
 Winter:
 Spring:
 Summer:

Bonus: 

Halloween

Inkwash Demo and Inky Ramblings: Inktober Day 1:


Completed Inktober 2018 Sketchbook Flip:


In the end, this method of inkwash is not one I would recommend, and I found completing 31 days (plus a bonus) to be a challenge not quite worth the outcome.  I'm glad I did finish, and found it to be a learning opportunity, if also an exercise in frustration, but I wouldn't repeat Inktober using these methods.

Comments