Small Press Expo 2019



I am so excited to announce that I'm going to be at SPX this weekend!  It's been a long time since I won a table in their yearly lotto (2013 was the last time, I believe), and I'm happy to make the pilgrimage back to Bethesda, MD to join legions of other indie and small press comic artists.

I'm sharing a table with Kabocha, an online friend and fellow comic artist.  We're flying up to DE a little early to hang out, and I've already bullied convinced Kabocha to teach me the ways of foiling and using a Cricut.  This will be our first time not only tabling together but hanging out in person, and I'm really looking forward to it!

We'll be tabling at C-10 under a pseudonym- Tiny Cats- representing our two gray cats Bowie and Niji.  Look for these best boys if you make it to SPX this weekend!

If yall haven't yet, yall should check out Kabocha's amazing work!


I'm going to have so many great zines and minicomics for sale this SPX!  I did fresh reprints of EVERYTHING- my minis are still hot from the printer and ready to go home with you!  I print and assemble everything myself, so if you're looking for indie press- it doesn't get much more indie than one woman working out of her apartment, printing on a small duplexing toner printer.


Wanna peek and a pitch?  Check this out! 



I'll also have copies of 7" Kara Volume 1!  Every copy comes with a free wooden charm.  If you've been eyeing Kara for awhile, or enjoy it as a webcomic, SPX is a great chance to get a copy- it means I have less to fly back.



I'll also have copies of 1001 Knights Volume 3- Wisdom!  My short watercolor comic, Knight School, is in this volume.  Each volume is standalone, so Volume 3 can be enjoyed as an individual anthology.









And it wouldn't be me if I didn't have some original art for sale!  This is just the new pieces I've added- I have something for almost anyone!  So if you've always wanted to own an original piece of art, you can pick one up, ready made, or you can

COMMISSION ME!

I'm going to take mail ins of all types, and I'm offering inked chibis and tu tone marker pieces at SPX! 

I'll also have: 

Handpainted, sealed lasercut wooden pins




Each one is one of a kind, handpainted by me, and sealed with a UV gloss coat! 

Brand New Charm Designs!

Making a debut at SPX!  Most are available with a loop or pinbacks, in cherry and maple. 






So if you're in the Bethesda area, and you've never been to SPX, you should swing by, if only for the experience.  There's going to be a literal legion of indie comic artists there- it's a great way to discover a new favorite!  And if you're going to be there, make sure you stop by table C-10 and say hi, I'd love to meet you! 

See something you like, and won't be at SPX?  Get ahold of me via email- we'll work something out!

Comments