I'll Be at ALA 2015!

Hey guys, guess what?
 
 
 
This year, I'll be tabling in beautiful San Francisco at the prestigious ALA!  I'm extremely excited about this opportunity, as it's been a goal this year to develop a better relationship with educators and librarians.  The American Library Association's biannual convention seemed like a great way to dive right in.  My table is 141, in the artist alley, way in the back, in the Maker Pavilion.
 

 
 
To apply for a table, I needed to submit an illustration for the original art auction.  Below is the watercolor I whipped up for ALA, featuring Kara and Tanner playing in a pop up book. 
 
 
I'll be selling copies of 7" Kara Volume 1, promoting Gizmo Grandma: A Twisty Tale, and offering sketch commissions, as well as lots of other goodies that I'll be announcing soon on the Nattosoup Studio at ALA Facebook Event page.  I'll have my portfolio handy, and I even plan on selling some of my original watercolor paintings to librarians looking to add some original art to their branch.  For anyone who buys 5+ copies of 7" Kara, Volume 1 for their branch, I have a mini 4"x6", matted 7" Kara watercolor, as well as the other slew of adorable goodies that follow every book sale.  Those little watercolors are already up on the Facebook event, so head on over and check them out.

I'm posting lots of  new content every day from now until June 25th, when I'll be on my way to ALA!  If you want to check out behind the scenes exclusive previews of Gizmo Grandma: A Twisty Tale, process for 7" Kara Volume 1 AND the upcoming Volume 2, adorable giveaway goodies, and lots more, you should Like Nattosoup Studio at ALA.  If you're attending ALA, or know someone who is, I'd love to hear from you!  I've written about both projects quite often on this blog, below are links to some of the most relevant entries

An Introduction to 7" Kara
Announcing the First Volume of 7" Kara
Introducing a New 7" Kara Story

Gizmo Grandma Roughs
Gizmo Grandma Watercolor Concept
Gizmo Grandma Illustrations (Part 1)
Gizmo Grandma Illustrations (Part 2)

If you'd like to help out, but aren't attending ALA, reviewing 7" Kara on GoodReads and Amazon would be a really great way to lend a hand.  As an independent creator and publisher, having a recognizable title is important, especially as I'm competing for attention against established properties. 

For those of you who haven't read 7" Kara yet, I'm giving away two copies (with charms and sketches included) over on GoodReads, so check out my sidebar for details!  All you need to enter is a GoodReads account.  There's no strings attached, I'm just excited about the chance to get my book into more hands.

Comments