Ohayocon Announcement


Ohayocon is just next weekend, and I'll be there sharing a table with Heidi Black!  We haven't been assigned our table number yet, but I can tell you we'll be under our Rascals, Rogues, and Dames banner, with a lovely SPACE themed setup. As always, we'll be selling our own things, as well as things we've worked on together.

Since Ohayocon is a non-fanart artist alley, I decided it was time to make lots of non Kara art.  It's been awhile since I've done more than a smattering of finished non-Kara, non-commissioned pieces, and possibly even longer since I've done digital for myself.  Below are the original images I used.  Inks were done in my sketchbook using a fude pen, bluelines were dropped, and I applied color and effects digitally.

One of the things I'm trying to push myself to improve on is representation of others in my artwork, especially when it comes to variety in skintones.  Something I've noticed doing anime cons is that there isn't much racial variety in the art for sale, but there's LOTS of racial variety in the attendees.  I know that representation matters, especially to kids, so it's really important that I improve my ability to draw a variety of people.











So what did I make with these new art assets?

Lots of New Buttons

Four new big (2.25") glitter button designs and a new method of assembly.



From top left: Mermaid, Oni, Mini witch, Mega witch


As well as reprints of old favorites!


Lots of new fairies, snowcones, and lollipops.




Plenty of new chiyogami buttons is fun designs.






So many new buttons I had to get a new button box!




Mini witch, kindergardener, and lolita buttons


Chubby lolita reprints, and a brand new Kara button


Botanical watercolor buttons include mushrooms, violets, peonies, and roses.


Hipster girl buttons originally rendered in Copic


Reprints of the popular dinosaur buttons.


Shoujo Cyclops girl buttons originally rendered in Copic.
 

Hey, these look familiar!




And the queen of the forest faun is now a button too!

Limited Edition Mini Prints

These mini prints have been accented with glitter and silver, and are really cute in person!  Printed on high quality cardstock, they've been trimmed, numbered, and signed.  There's only three of each.




Bookmarks

This is a test run of sorts, to see if bookmarks are viable for me.  I recently invested in a laminator, and these little guys are pretty sturdy.  Both witch and mermaid bookmarks have a glitter ribbon, and the daruma has an organza ribbon.  All bookmarks are backed in chiyogami paper.








Stickers

This is the first time I'll be offering stickers at a convention.   These are printed on matte photo sticker paper, and have been hand trimmed by me.  There's two basic sets of designs:  popular charms from years past and watercolor botanicals.




Original Watercolor Art

I'll be offering the original botanical illustrations as well!  They're Kaimai Copic-proof ink, Copics, and watercolors on Fluid Cold Press watercolor paper.  Each illustration is 6"x6".



I'll also be offering a lot of convention regulars, including my beautiful doublesided acrylic charms, copies of 7" Kara chapter 1, various mini comics, and of course, a variety of commissions!  I'll be taking

$5 chibi pencil sketches
$10 inked chibis or detailed pencil sketches
$15 inked detailed sketches

and watercolors from $7-$20, in sizes from ATC to 8"x8" (chibi style only, single character).

I'm really excited about Ohayocon, and I hope to see some of you guys there!  Please try to drop by and say hi!

Comments