ALAAC Convention Announcement


This weekend, I'm going to be at the American Librarian Association's Annual Conference!   If you're interested in seeing how this show fares for me, please keep an eye out for my upcoming ALAAC recap on Youtube.


I'll Have:
Copies of 7" Kara Volume 1
Preview Pages from 7" Kara Volume 2
Commissions
Original art
Wooden Charms
Handpainted Wooden Charms
Stickers
Miniprints
Lilliputian Living (zine)
Favorite Fictional Femmes (zine)
31 Days Under the Waves (zine)
Sketchbooks
1001 Knights Sets and Vol 3 (Wisdom)

You can find me at table 761 in the Artist Alley, right by the bathrooms and across from the Zine Pavilion.

Look for this illustration in the ALAAC Art Auction!

Other illustrations for sale: 



This isn't my first experience with ALAAC!  I tabled at ALAAC in 2015, when it was in San Francisco.  This was my first time tabling at ALAAC, and I have to admit, I was hugely overwhelmed, and feel I misspent my time in how I prepared for the show.  It was a comedy of errors, from a missed flight due to TSA lines, to running through San Francisco carrying 50 pounds of comics on my back, to near tears in the ALAAC convention center lobby, to an amazing dinner with comic senpai, to finding out firsthand that the American Library system had changed how libraries can acquire books, and I was SOL for that ALAAC.

I'd like to think I've learned a lot since then, matured as a person, and possibly formulated a gameplan.  This year, I'm tabling in my hometown (New Orleans, Louisiana) selling a kidlit graphic novel to a library system that's seen a massive attitude adjustment in favor of comics thanks to the hard work of many Valkyries, selling a kidlit graphic novel set IN Louisiana, a state that historically doesn't have much for kids who want to read stories set at home, and focusing not so much on sales, but on promoting the book and making it clear that it serves certain needs and has everything necessary for a library to acquire copies.

So cross your fingers and toes for me this weekend- hopefully ALAAC will go well!

Comments