Saturday, June 12, 2010

Unicorm Girl

I've decided to attempt something new, even if it's just something small, with every update.  Last update, I employed a new method of inking (to look more like black watercolor lines), and this time, I employed colored lines.

I've attempted using colored lines in the past, always with some glaringly tacky results.  This time, I went about it differently.  Instead of coloring the lines first, I did all of my lines in black on different layers (like hair, skin, ect), put down the flats, and adjusted the hue and saturation.  For some lines, I had to continue adjusting the color as I put down the shading, because it clashed or just wasn't dark enough.

I realize I should start getting serious about backgrounds, because mine are pretty awful.  That'll be something I'll be working on in the upcoming weeks.