Drawing Resources

Looking for a little extra drawing help?  Some encouragement, tutorials, or demonstrations?  Below are all free resources to help you get started drawing, and if you check the recommended reading section of my sidebar, you'll find even more great stuff.  Let the internet be your art school!

If you have any questions, or would like to see additional tutorials or follow ups, demonstrations of a particular technique, or an explanation that had been left hanging, please send me an email using the handy email form to your left!  I'm always looking for new suggestions, and I'd love to hear from you.

Some of these are blog posts, some of these are videos, and some of these are outside resources that do such an excellent job at covering topics that there's no need for me to throw in my two cents.  All of the resources listed are freely available on the internet for anyone to peruse.

Figure Drawing Resources

Tutorials

Figure Drawing Demo  (blog post)
Figure Drawing Demonstration (video)
Demonstrating my Sketching Tools (video)
Intro to Comic Craft:  Roughing it  (video)
Chibi Kara Illustration Timelapse (video)
ArtSnacks Challenge February 2016 (video)
Drawing Process- Pencil Sketch (blog post)
Facial Anatomy and Construction(blog post, older)
Anatomy of a Clay Man (blog post, older)
ASE Panel- Anatomy Presentation:  (presentation with slideshow)
Very Basic Human Anatomy/Figure Drawing (very old, blog post, may be hard to read)
Guest Post: Tips and Tricks for Drawing Women of Various Body Types  (blog post, NSFW)
Anatomical Construction (blog post, NSFW)

Outside Resources

Senshi Stock Archive
Senshi Stock Website
Senshi Stock Drawing Tool
Senshi Stock Tumblr
Pixelovely (NSFW, drawing tool)

Perspective Resources

Tutorials:

What is Perspective? (outside resource)
Perspective in the Panels:  Intro to Comic Craft  (video)
Intro to Comic Craft:  You Need Perspective (video)
Perspective Grids (blog post)
Bravest Warriors: The Search for Catbug Process  (blog post, double page spread process)
Creating Dynamic Backgrounds for Comics: Part 1: Drawing Thumbnails (outside resource, video)
Creating Dynamic Backgrounds for Comics: Part 2: Two-Point Perspective Images (outside resource, video)
Creating Dynamic Backgrounds for Comics: Part 3: Rules of Illusion (outside resource, video)
Creating Dynamic Backgrounds for Comics: Part 4: Implied Realism (outside resource, video)
COMPOSITIONS: How to Arrange Items within a Panel (outside resource, video)

Mixed Resources

The Famous Artist Course (on Scribe, PDF)

If you enjoyed this post, and enjoyed the art resources I shared here (most of which are my own), please take a moment to share this post to your favorite social network using the handy links below!  Sharing my work to your friends helps me out a bunch- it allows me to broaden my audience, introduces my work to new people, and boosts my stats, which is one of the metrics that sponsors look at when they consider sponsorship.  If you'd like to help even more, please consider helping to fund future content like this by checking out my Patreon!

Comments