Using Marker with Watercolor- Succulent Studies

There's something really special about being able to purchase an original piece of art at a show.  I love purchasing and commissioning originals- I greatly prefer them to prints for my own home. I try to have original art available for purchase that suits the type of show I'm tabling at.  At anime conventions, I sell original mini fanarts, at ALA, I sold original Kara illustrations, and at indie shows, I sometimes offer original botanical illustrations.  The botanical illustrations are useful to me as studies, and I can re-utilize the images later as stickers.  I usually sell these little 6"x6" originals for $15-$20, but unfortunately for me, most consumers mistake them for prints, even when I explain that they are not.

If you enjoy any of the below originals, you can purchase them from me through the Paypal link in the sidebar- simply make sure your shipping address is viewable to me, and state which you would like.  These illustrations are $15 each, + $3 for shipping.

I really enjoy working with alcohol based markers and watercolors together- the alcohol inks stay vibrant and unmuddied regardless of how many layers of watercolor you apply.  For these, I used a combination of favorites- Copic Sketches, Blick Studio Brush markers, and Shin Han Twin Touches.











The originals are signed and wrapped up for travel, just waiting to go to good homes.

Comments