All jokes aside, Soylent is an excellent meal replacement for those of us who can't get away from our tables long enough to grab a bite to eat, let alone eat it. I recently took a thermos of Soylent with me to MTAC on Saturday and Sunday, and it lasted me from arrival (9:30 AM) until we left for the day (after 8:00 PM).
Some considerations before consuming:
- Your batch of Soylent will last 2 days refrigerated
- Soylent separates, so make sure you always shake it before drinking
- Your Soylent will need to be kept cool during consumption, I bring mine to conventions in a thermos bottle.
- The first time you drink Soylent, it may make you mildly nauseous. If you drink it regularly, it won't bother you, but I wouldn't recommend your first time consuming it being at a convention.
- Soylent isn't exactly a diet food, so please read instructions carefully.
- Adding foods and flavors to Soylent will change it's caloric value, but will vastly improve the taste.
I'm not a big fan of Soylent on it's own, so here's my recipe for a tasty and filling Chocolate Banana Soylent Shake.
- 2 Bananas
- 1 bag Soylent
- 9tsp honey
- 3.5 tsp cocoa powder
- half teaspon cinnamon
Blend the bananas in some milk until bananas are fully blended. Add in bag of Soylent, honey, cocoa powder,cinnamon, blend until ingredients are mixed. Pour into your Soylent pitcher, then add equal parts whole milk and water to fill pitcher.
For more recipes, check out the Soylent site, but I gotta warn you, I haven't tried any of these.