White Ink Comparison

Picked up a few new white ink products and I thought I'd add them to the list.

Deleter White 2 is opaque, permanent, and waterproof.  It's not as nice as say gouache or Bleedproof White.  The Uni-ball Signo gelpen is the best white gel-pen I've encountered (and I was in the 7th grade when gel-pens got popular in New Orleans, so believe me, I know a thing or two about white gel pens :cough love letters :cough).  It doesn't skip like other brands do, and it's much thicker and creamier.  I've been searching for a white brush pen for a couple years (and have had several failed attempts at making my own) and have finally found one.  It's similiar to white paint pens in that you have to pump it to get it going, but the brush tip is nicer than I expected, with individual bristles.  Unfortunate, the white isn't so nice and it doesnt really spread smoothly.
Highlights were added with a mixture of white brush pen and Signo gel pen.  The two do not play well together.
Pictures of products forthcoming, I'm in the middle of 2 page a day roughs right now.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the ink comparisons! Too bad they couldn't blend in a little better. I'm sure with some playing around you can find a good consistency to fix that. :D Doesn't hurt to keep an eye out still for a better alternative. ;)

    I still do my art digitally or scan it in and add the white highlights digitally. I am trying to learn to highlight by keeping the paper white but it can be hard...XD I know masking would help but I'm not normally a traditional artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this useful review =) I've been thinking about getting a white ink, and I had especially considered Deleter. I didn't even think there could exist a brush pen with white ink. It's very nice to have a clear comparison of the different options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from the usual gel-pen, I've only tried one white ink and I was extraordinarily disappointed with it. (Of course it was Higgins, so no surprise there!) I think this is an alright basis for perhaps buying a different brand, though. Do you know if you can layer the Koh-i-noor any more than that? I like the consistency of it, but it doesn't seem to pop quite as much as some of the others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment