Laptop is Out Of Commission

Hey, just a heads up- my laptop won't stay on for more than 10 minutes at a time. Tech Boy is on hand to diagnose, but I won't be updating very often until a solution is found. My laptop is my main computer, the only computer in the apartment that connects to my scanner/printer, and has all my work/reference. The hardrive is fine, so when we do decide what to do, I can resume posting, but in the meantime, I'm working on an 8 page mini comic inspired by my time in Japan.

If you're interested in helping out, now would be a great time for a guest post. Usually I have a backlog, but those got used the month I was away, and I havent had a chance to build it up yet. I do have computer access and internet, so once I've finished this comic, posting will resume (hopefully).

Edit: Printer/scanner now on our wireless network, so I can use it from my desktop, so I can progress w/ my comic and post sketch dumps/process posts. It'll take a bit to regroup, but that shouldnt be too bad.

Comments

  1. 10 minutes sounds like a cooling problem. It could probably be fixed with compressd air, but it has to be stone-cold before you try that since cans of compressed air freeze what they touch on contact. Air compressors (think tire-inflation) are sometimes too powerful and damage the fans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment