Color Test-XRite

This has been floating around the web for awhile, so I thought I'd share it here, for those of you who may have missed it.  For the sake of transparency, I'm also going to share my results, which are less than stellar.  If you happen to know of a better color blindness test, or a good monitor calibration utility, please let me know.  If I share it on the blog, I'll be sure to give you credit.

XRite's Color Test is fairly simple, you arrange the tiles by hue, and they score your arrangement.

This is what the unsorted test looks like.
After scoring you, they provide you with you results:
A lower score is better, with zero being perfect.  As you can see, my eyes have trouble differentiating between some colors.

And this is how I stack up against other artists.

Comments

  1. Oh that was WAY more fun than it should have been. I got an 8 :D 31yo female. I might have eyes that can't focus worth a crap, but hey, I can see color pretty well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I did this before. I think I got a 7 after a long time of staring at the screen until they watered. XD I actually heard that it also depends on how good your monitor is. The better the monitor, the better the score is what I heard. *shrugs* I don't know if it's true but sounds logical. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember doing this a few weeks ago, I got a 0! You shouldn't worry about your score, you clearly know what to do with colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a difficult time doing this, and I'm surprised I did as well as I did. (A 12, BTW.) (Because I know that I'm partially color-blind in one eye) I may have found a way to cheat the test though, since I noticed that frequently you could see the gradient bands of color on the top and bottom getting taller/smaller, and that made things a lot easier to sort when I spotted it. We did a color blind test similar to this in color-theory, and I got near perfect marks: one of my eyes can see color just fine, and the other is missing a bit of red/green. So weird!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment